Friday, October 14, 2011

Reminiscing

.... I pondered and pondered trying to figure out why it felt so familiar.


Twas a distinguished voice, that ghost....


Looking through the glass screen of the modern mechanical wonder in front of me, i sought my own reflection. A reproduction of me. My image. Trapped in a glass crystal. Entombed in time and space. 


I looked at myself. Scanning through every bit of my 'self'. And what attracted  me the most was... 


The eyes. How the eyes looked so distant. Then i suddenly grasped the came to realization. That image was the ghost. The ghost of my past. 


And here I am.. Reminiscing the stories of the old. 


Telling myself the story again and again, as if forgetting it was not a choice. Living it is the ultimatum. 


Through my past, i saw my future. Through my future, i was my present. And in my present, i saw.... me. I am but a specter looking at myself living out my life. Forebearing a virtue.



No comments:

Post a Comment