Friday, February 11, 2011

The Whimpering Ghosts of Greens

Travelling I was to the busyness bustle of dailies.

Fogged. Myst. Quietness albeit the heavy traffic of the streets. I heard a whisper. I heard a gloomy whimper. It was the ghosts of the greens. 

"Oh how i have lived!. Oh how i have lived!" whispered the trees. "The morning breeze is cooling, or hast no one noticed? Albeit the morning dew, is the breath of all my deeds. Worked vigorously I have. Tirelessly. Endlessly. For you must breathe, clean, fresh air. For I am here, only for your fare." 

"Oh how i have seen!. Oh how i have seen!" whispered the trees again. "Hungry ghosts everywhere. Hungry they are of my keep. Hast not no one discern? I gave but never take. And give, i have giveth. All of me, only for your fare."

It was cold. It was chilling. I saw the hungry ghosts encircling. Like buzzards cincturing.

A chainsaw in hand. 

I heard the buzzing.. I heard a whimper. I heard a scream. I heard a crackle, then a tumble. I then heard........ Silence. 

Then all ghosts of the greens, whispered..... 

"Oh how we have lived!. Oh how we have lived! We are here for your fare. And only for your fare. Be weary hungry ghosts, for we are not many anymore. Your hunger never ends. Your lust never extent. The world is changing. The climate is at an awakening..."

"Be weary oh hungry ghosts! Be weary of us greens!"

Then the winds was swift. Twirling the mist. A hot wind blew in with the heat swiveling. Afore more scorching. As if the skies was burning. 

The world is changing. The climate is at an awakening.

No more whispering. No more whimpering. No more greenings.

I realized there and then.

We are doomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment